raw vegan meal plan #1
The numero uno rule for being a successful, happy, stress-free raw vegan is to BE PREPARED!! Have food at the ready AT ALL TIMES. While I know this to be true, I do tend to prepare food in fits and starts. This week, not unlike a few other weeks I recall over the last 12 months, I decided that I need to be more organized… that I am going to be more organized. And I’m hoping that making a public declaration about my intentions will keep me on track!
Tonight I pulled out all my recipe books and raided the internet for inspiration for my first ever meal plan… The criteria:
- All recipes had to be something I haven’t made before
- Ingredients had to be somewhat transferable between recipes so stuff doesn’t go to waste
- I needed to cover breakfast, lunch and dinner for five days
- I had to have a green smoothie every day (and maybe some snacks)
… no more living on Pure Bars for me!
Trials and tribulations from actual food preparation to follow – with recipes and photos as appropriate, of course! For recipes I found on blogs, I simply provided links and credits… I’m not one for stealing ideas :)
- Breakfast: Luscious Lemon Pudding
- Lunch: Tomato Torta
- Green smoothie: blueberry + strawberry + avocado + spinach
- Dinner: Juliano’s Fettuccine Alfredo – I had to do a pasta and my knock-off of his marinara pasta is one of my favs!
- Breakfast: Luscious Lemon Pudding – this is why I love breakfast pots!
- Lunch: Fettuccine Alfredo
- Green smoothie: Karyn Calabrese’s Green Meal Shake
- Dinner: will I have Torta left?? If not, it’s probably date night and I’ll be going out…
- Breakfast: Heather Pace’s Chocolate Chia Pudding (in pots!!)
- Lunch: Alissa Cohen’s Cabbage Wraps – I suspect I will need to get a bit more creative with the cabbage in the future!
- Green smoothie: banana + pear + apple + spinach
- Dinner: No dinner per se, but will need to take snacks to a party… I need to liaise with Brooke, my fellow raw foodie and party date on this one next week!
- Breakfast: Chocolate Chia Pudding – I can’t wait to try this!!
- Lunch: Cabbage Wraps again… damn having to use cabbage, but I will also have leftover sauce from Thursday…
- Green smoothie: grapes + apple + berry + spinach
- Dinner: Elaina Love’s Spinach Mushroom Quice (from Alissa Cohen’s Living on Live Food) – this should get me through the weekend too!!
On second thoughts… I might not need as many ‘snacks’ as I have been needing with all this organized food!!
Phew. I need some sleep to prepare for a huge weekend in the kitchen!