There’s nothing like the burning desire to procrastinate to get a blog post going! That and a rainy, grey day outside which has somehow managed to infiltrate the windows to create a grey day inside too…
Don’t misunderstand me, despite having had to work at home for the last six weeks because of my broken ankle (and facing another 2-3 months of the same), I have been quite good at ignoring the washing, and the cleaning, and the huge television with Netflix streaming fun stuff to watch, and getting my work done. Just this week I’m working on someone else’s work, and I find working on someone else’s work is far more likely to result in procrastination than working on my own work.
However, these forces combined did result in a new raw vegan creation today – woop woop! I’m very excited because it has simply been ages since I have created anything, or at least anything worthy of sharing(!) and it took two minutes from conception to creation.
If you follow me on Facebook, you may have seem my chocolate delivery from my wonderful friends at Love Street Living Foods last week so between that and the rain, warm chocolate milk seemed the order of the day :)
- 1/6 cup hazelnuts – soaked if you have time, but I wanted instant gratification!
- 1.5 cups filtered water
- 3 large medjool dates
- 2 heaped dessert spoons of LSLF chocolate spread
- Sprinkle of pink himalayan salt (sea salt will also work)
- Blend until smooth and warm if you can manage it… I have a Blendtek blender which has an amazing ‘soup’ setting that makes it warm, but not past 104° with one cycle.
- Enjoy alone or with some macaroons if you’re lucky enough to have some laying around… I’m wished I did today so am inspired to get back in the kitchen as a reward for getting my work done.