blog awards & things you (wish you) didn’t know about me
I must admit I’m new to this viral blogging award business. As a child, I could never understand chain letters (the ones that used to come on the back of real-life postcards with written words if you remember?) but having received two nominations in as many weeks I wanted to get my head around the same concept online and thank my lovely nominators for thinking of me, and provide a shout-out to some of my favorite bloggers as per the rules of the game.
I’m covering two in one go, hope that’s ok?!
First, the Bouquet of Three Award…
- Add The Bouquet of Three Award photos on a blog post.
- Thank the person who presented you with the award and link back to him or her in your post.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Pass the award along to 15 bloggers that you have recently discovered. Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
A huge thank you to the wonderful Wendy from The Scarred Runner for this nomination! Wendy is relatively new to blogging but her view on running are entertaining to say the least… even if I’m not afflicted with leaky boobs!
I’m combining steps 3 and 4 with the second blog below; because, well, I’m very time poor at the moment and I’m not sure whether there are 14 things you don’t already know about me…
Second, the One Lovely Blog award… rules are as above.
A huge thank you goes out to Hannah Cutting-Jones from her self-titled vegan adventures @ Hannah Cutting Jones. Loads of information and some yummy recipes that I need to get to someday soon!
Now for seven things about me… hmmm?
like love cutesy indie films, so much so that I’m starting to skew our Netflix recommendations much to my boyfriend’s chagrin
- I’m powered by sunshine units and get grumpy when it’s cold for too long – not a good quality given I live in Boston at the moment
- When I worked crazy hours in bars and nightclubs 14 years ago I lived on pasta+tomato sauce+cheese at 3pm and McDonald’s Chicken Burgers at 3am (and I used to eat the fries with chocolate sundaes – eeek, I feel sick!!)
- I’m still friends with all my ex-boyfriends – even the serious ones
- I’m a terrible procrastinator and am convinced that the only reason I have sustained this blog is because I use it as an escape from my MBA studies… very nervous about what will happen when I finish in February 2014 although I’m hoping it will get out of control and I can quit my office job and cook :)
- I have recently acquired a problem with (i.e., craving for) Amy’s vegan, gluten-free macaroni + cheese; I don’t even know why I even picked it up that first time, I never even liked the stuff when I ate cheese!
- I really want to love no-poo or some similar natural variation of maintaining my locks but am totally addicted to silky soft hair! I don’t really believe in horoscopes but blame my Leo-ness for the mane ego (that’s kind of a bonus eighth thing about me!)
And here are some of my some of my favorite bloggers, in alphabetical order:
Phew, done! Thanks for the love Wendy and Hannah.