quinoa and avocado salad
With much gratitude, I am privy to delicious homemade vegan dumplings courtesy of my ‘sister-in-law’ (something that’s way out of my humble skill set) and other random vegan dishes when we visit. On Sunday, I was served up a super simple yet super delicious quinoa and avocado salad and just had to steal it for prime time blogging!
It’s packed with protein and has that wonderful ‘filling yet light’ effect that let’s you get on with things, rather than sitting around digesting.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste, optional (I like Herbamare as it adds some additional flavor)
- 2 deliciously ripe avocados
- Hummus (raw, bean-free or store-bought as time and/or inclination permits)
- Fresh pomegranate seeds – I had a very Zen-like experience de-seeding my pomegranate last night but you can also buy them pre-seeded from Whole Foods and other specialty stores
- Cook quinoa in vegetable stock and garlic – I like the technique from The Kitchn but feel free to do it however you like
- Season quinoa to taste
- Add quinoa, half an avocado, a large dollop of hummus and pomegranate seeds on each plate and enjoy!
Easy-peasy : )
Guide: vegan | whole food, plant based | gluten-free | nut-free | sugar-free | soy-free